The Rosebud Program will provide local college students a truly unique learning experience not available anywhere else in Santa Barbara.
Thirty students, selected through a competitive application process, will receive:
• Access to over 25 Screenings and Q&As at SBIFF’s Cinema Society (June 2016 – May 2017)
• 4 film analysis classes taught by Roger Durling (SBIFF’s Executive Director and SBCC Film Studies Adjunct Professor)
• Study guides prior to each screening
• A program specific online forum for regular discussions on each film
This enriching experience is designed to:
• Provide opportunities for networking and mentorship
• Inspire creativity and critical thinking
• Stimulate civic dialogue
• Foster community
Rosebud is part of SBIFF’s commitment to provide year-round educational opportunities for our local community. Students currently enrolled at any Santa Barbara County College are encouraged to apply!
To apply, please click below and submit the application, statement of intent and your unofficial transcript.
Applications are due before May 1st, 2016.
ROSEBUD SUPPORTER CIRCLE
The Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts, a field of interest fund of the Santa Barbara Foundation
Carolyn Butcher-Perry and Michael Perry
Nora and Michael Hurley
Amir Amirsadeghi and Nicole Berry