(PICTURED ABOVE – Participating students in the 2015 Film Studies Program discussing filmmaking with Oscar winning Producer of BIRDMAN John Lesher)
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF) is now accepting applications for its annual Film Studies Program. The program is a three-day symposium (February 5-6, 2016) open to all undergraduate students from around the United States. The program emphasizes film appreciation, criticism, and analysis. Lead by SBIFF sanctioned film educators, participating students experience a packed program with access to SBIFF’s many events and opportunities, including:
- The opportunity to view some of the 200+ films with priority access.
- Attend the highly acclaimed Panel Series, where notable industry professionals come together for discussions spanning directing, producing, writing and women in the business.
- Hear guest filmmakers participate in intimate Q&A sessions.
- Partake in private sessions with filmmakers and national media professionals in a classroom environment.
- Experience the red carpet at one of SBIFF’s Tribute Events – an hour and a half of raw conversation about the honoree’s career.
The Film Studies program offers a unique mix of guided and self guided opportunities, allowing students to maximize their experience at the festival, while still pursuing their individual interests.
Students will receive complimentary:
- Priority Festival access
- Overnight accommodations Thursday through Sunday
- In town transportation
Students are responsible for their own meals and transportation to and from Santa Barbara.
To Apply, you must submit:
- Statement of intent
- Unofficial Transcript
- Application (available by clicking here)
All must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2015.