The Santa Barbara International Film Festival offers a three day symposium to undergraduate students pursuing a film degree. The program focuses on film appreciation with an additional emphasis on film criticism and analysis.
Participating students will will be lead by, SBIFF sanctioned local film educators through a packed three day program where students will be provided access to the various SBIFF events and happenings. Access as well as room and board are all complimentary to the student.
• Have an opportunity to view self-selected films from over 200 Festival screenings shown between 8am and 10pm.
• Attend the highly acclaimed Panel Series, where notable and highly acclaimed industry professionals come together for informative and revealing discussions relating to directing, producing, writing, women in the business and visual effects.
• Hear guest filmmakers discuss a wide array of topics and participate in intimate Q&A sessions.
• Partake in private sessions with film makers and national media professionals in a classroom environment with other students.
• End the day with watching the stars walk the red carpet as they enter the historic Arlington Theatre for one of SBIFF’s Celebrity Tribute Events – an hour and a half of raw and personal conversation about the honoree’s career.
Film Studies program offers the unique experience of a mix of guided and self guided opportunities, allowing students to maximize their experience at the festival, while still pursuing their individual interests.
Application process opens in September.