FILM STUDIES PROGRAM
Sponsored by Lynda Weinman and Bruce Heavin
– The opportunity to view some of the 200+ films with priority access.
– Attend the highly acclaimed Panel Series, where notable industry professionals come together for discussions spanning directing, producing, writing and women in the business.
– Hear guest filmmakers participate in intimate Q&A sessions.
– Partake in private sessions with filmmakers and national media professionals in a classroom environment.
– Experience the red carpet at one of SBIFF’s Tribute Events – an hour and a half of raw conversation about the honoree’s career.
The Film Studies program offers a unique mix of guided and self guided opportunities, allowing students to maximize their experience at the festival, while still pursuing their individual interests.
All accepted students from OUTSIDE Santa Barbara County will receive complimentary:
– Priority Festival access
– Overnight accommodations Thursday through Sunday
– In town transportation
– $500 travel stipend
To Apply, you must submit the following no later than November 18, 2019:
– Statement of Intent
– Unofficial Transcript
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY STUDENTS:
Santa Barbara County Students are accepted through Santa Barbara City College and will receive complimentary Festival access to select events.
To Apply, you must enroll and sign up for FS108A with Nico Maestu at Santa Barbara City College.