Welcome SBIFF Volunteers!
36th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival
March 31 – April 10, 2021
Info on Volunteering for upcoming Festival will be available soon!
The Volunteer Code (3 R's)
VOLUNTEER CODE: The 3 R’s
Respect, Responsibility, Representation
- Respect all those involved in making the festival possible. Be as polite, friendly, and helpful as possible during every interaction.
- Respect the confidentiality of the festival and all those involved. Everyone loves to be in the know but in some cases, you MUST refrain from sharing certain information. Examples are: do not speak to press, do not share information regarding party locations or special guests, and do not gossip about artists and celebrities attending the festival.
- Respect the pass and ticket structure of the festival. Know and follow the rules and timing of guest entry to each event.
- Know your shifts and schedule.
- Know what is expected of you during your shifts.
- Know who your team leader is and ask questions if you don’t know what to do.
- Show up to shifts on time, meet the commitment you have made, and keep track of your ambassador shirt and pass.
- Give out accurate information and know where to find answers to questions you don’t know.
- Be informed on the pass structure, venue locations, daily events, and details regarding your particular volunteer assignment.
- Be an ambassador for SBIFF.
- Represent the festival in the best possible way.
- Dress appropriately and follow the volunteer dress code.
- Refrain from eating, smoking, chewing gum, or drinking beverages other than bottled water.
- Keep interactions with talent and guests professional. No asking for photos or handing out cards and scripts while on duty.
The basic volunteer requirements for SBIFF 2021 are as follows:
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must sign up for a minimum of five shifts
- Volunteers must attend virtual orientation
VOLUNTEER BENEFIT PACKAGE
SHIFT REQUIREMENT: 5 (est. 15 hours)
- Volunteer Pass – grants access to ALL 100+ online films during the Festival
FOR EACH SHIFT OVER THE REQUIRED 5
- One complimentary ticket to a film at SBIFF’s Riviera Theatre, valid for one year after re-opening
- One raffle entry for Festival Merchandise
Shift sign-ups will begin at Friday March 11 @ 2:00pm
How to choose a shift
Log in to your Volunteer profile, or click on “Events” in the upper right hand corner. You should be taken to SBIFF’s Volunteer Landing Page.
You will see a list of shifts, or “events” on the lower half of the page.
Click on the red “Sign Up” button to the right of each shift listed.
How to see your schedule
Log in to your VolunteerHub profile. You should be taken to SBIFF’s Volunteer Landing Page.
Click on “My Schedule” in the upper right hand corner.
Email Sean Pratt at email@example.com